I, the volunteer, on behalf of myself, my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, representatives and assigns, hereby forever waive all claims and release, discharge and hold harmless the Super Mommy Social Club (the “Organizers”), and their representatives and agents including, without limitation, event sponsors, event directors, event contractors, event producers, municipal, provincial, federal governing agencies, park governing agencies, and all other entities associated or involved in the organization or staging of events or any other volunteer activities, including, but not limited to, volunteers, third party vendors, all venues in which volunteer activities or segments of volunteer activities are held, and the members, officers, directors, employees, representatives, assigns, affiliates, and agents of any of the above (collectively, the “Releasees”);
for any and all losses, costs, causes of action, claims or damages, including any claim for damages for personal injury to my person or personal property damage howsoever caused, arising out of or in connection with my taking part in the Event, notwithstanding that the same may have been contributed to or occasioned by, without limitation, the negligence, breach of contract or breach of any statutory or other duty of care of the Organizer, or any of the Releasees.
I agree not to sue any of the persons or entities mentioned above for any of the claims or liabilities that I have waived, released or discharged herein; and I indemnify and hold harmless the Organizers and Releasees from and against any and all losses, claims, suits, actions, damages or liabilities (including without limitation, legal fees and disbursement on a solicitor and its own client basis) assessed against them as a result of or in connection with my actions during, and in connection with, the Event.
2. Insurance: Further I understand that Organizers does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability benefits or insurance. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of Organizers beyond what may be offered freely by Organizers in the event of injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
3. Medical Treatment: I hereby Release and forever discharge Organizers from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with Organizers.
4. Assumption of Risk: I acknowledge that I am aware of the possible risks, dangers and hazards associated with volunteering for the Organizer including the possible risk of severe or fatal injury and property loss. I hereby assume these risks which include, but are not limited to: the possibility of physical injury to myself and others such as muscle strain, broken bones, concussion, soft tissue damage, infectious diseases, and cardiac arrest. I certify that I have not been advised against volunteering by a qualified health professional. I acknowledge that the Organizers, permitting me to volunteer for the Organizer, accept my statements on this release waiver.
5. Photographic Release: I grant and convey to Organizers all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by Organizers in connection with my providing volunteer services to Organizers.
6. Other: As a volunteer, I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the British Columbia and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with he laws of the British Columbia. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
By signing below, I express my understanding and intent to enter into this Release and Waiver of Liability willingly and voluntarily.